Moto G phones has started receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates, recently I received OTA Marshmallow to Moto G 3rd Gen. the update procedure is same for Moto G 1st Gen. Moto G 2nd Gen. & Moto G 3rd Gen., if you received update notification to your Moto G phone, just follow these easy steps. (Do this on your own risk)
1. Charge battery upto 50% use good internet connection
2. Go to phone “Setting” - “About Phone” - “Software Updates”
3. Available update will shows, otherwise tap on “Check for update”
4. Tap on “Yes, I’M IN” to download the update, choose connection type and tap on “Done” the download will start, it will take some time depends on your internet speed.
5. After download complete, tap on “Install System Update” you can update Later or tap on “Install"
6. Now your phone will reboot and install system updates, once again it will restart and optimize all apps, so don’t disturb or turn off your phone. After successfully completed you will get phone home screen.