This is a very useful thing for preparing particular text length in Microsoft Excel, for example preparing ID numbers, the maximum id number length is 8 character, by mistake you typed 9 character, on that time this error message will stop, you can correct your things going to be wrong. This method will work all the version of MS Excel like, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016, so let’s see how to make error message in MS Excel..
1. Open Excel click on “Data” – “Data Validation” in setting – allow box, drop down the menu and select “Text Length”
2. Insert the minimum and maximum character length for example 1 is minimum and 8 is maximum, you can give any maximum number as per your requirement.
3. Now click on “Input Message” in the title box type “below 8” or type whatever you want.
4. Click on “Error Alert” in error message box, type “Max. text length is 8 character” or anything else. After this click on “Ok”
5. Now the setting has applied if you typed more than 8 character this message will appear and stop you, if you want to apply this setting to other cells just select the cells including setting cell and press “Ctrl+D”
Watch video tutorial… Please like, share & subscribe