A recently survey shows that 7.5 million Facebook users are underage below 13 year of age. Of course they lied about age to stay active on the social networking site. And the study shows that Facebook browsing exposed more than 5 million American households abuse, including viruses and identity theft, in India too, underage kids are using Facebook without parental supervision. Many underage children see nudity and abusing things accidentally or by their wish even they don’t know what exactly they are doing at this underage. Majority of parents of kids 10 and under seemed largely unconcerned by their children's use of the site.
Well here I am going to mention some tips for parents to protect their kids from harmful content on the internet.
1. Be with your child when he/she browsing internet.
2. Install site blocking software on your computer that block to objectionable sites and prevent children.
3. Allow your child to hang out with his/her friends, like playing outdoor games, going for good movies, sleepover rather than connect with friends on social networking sites.
4. Avoid unlimited usage of internet, encourage your child to spent time on child-friendly content.
5. If your kid likes playing games on the computer, install games that don’t require Internet access.
6. Educate your child about the evils of the Internet, adult content, hate sites and violence. Ask him to inform you in case he comes across such content so that you can take the necessary precautions to protect him from these in future
7. However, this does not mean your child will never come across harmful/ disturbing content. Also explain to him why you’d like her to stay away from social networking sites till she is of the right age.8. At last lock your computer by secured password and your children will access
internet under your guidance.
Please like, share and subscribe